Western Digital Mybook World Edition II
This hard drive runs Linux and ssh access can be unlocked. Since getting it unlocked I have done the following and more with it (besides storing backups):
- Configured a web based mp3 playback interface with automatic playlist generation using GNUMP3d.
- Added a wget cronjob to fetch a URL which updates a dynamic dns record (makes it easier to ssh home if my IP changes)
- Added cronjobs for pulling Wowza stats (see Wowza_Media_Server#Graph_Wowza_Connection_Statistics for details)
- Installed a VNC repeater to enable VNC computer connections with both server and client computers located behind firewalls and NAT.
Stuff I might try in the future:
- automated scheduled rsync backups over ssh to another NAS in a different state